Raaga’s Dudhi Curry

The Foodie says that I am a Compulsive Planner – to extend that I plan when to plan for something. So obviously I do plan my weekly menu beforehand if not then atleast a day prior I know what I will cook the next morning. But there are such lousy mornings when I look into my pantry and then give a thought as to - What of those lying stuffs will look good in my lunch box. One such occasion was last day when I saw only couple of veggies – Bottle gourd and Potatoes. On a normal Day I prefer Potato but on not so normal day like yesterday I preferred Dudhi – Lauki.IMG_3625

Early seven in morning I logged on to my laptop and a TO DO icon popped up with upcoming events which I have been missing for some or the other reason. One of the events is hosted by Divya of Dil SeTried and Tasted originally started by Zlamushka and this month the apt selection was The Singing Chef. So I just clicked Search – Bottle Gourd. I received about 3-4 lovely recipes but I selected this one – “Bottle Gourd Curry in Milk” as this seemed perfect as TO GO in my Dabbas.

It’s quite easy to prepare as You Do:

  • Tempering: Heat Oil – Add Chana Dal + Urad Dal, followed by mustard + cumin seeds and asafetida. After spluttering add Curry Leaves + Split Green chilies.
  • Cooking: Add Bottle Gourd pieces + Salt + Turmeric Powder – cook for few minutes. Then add milk, cover and cook till gourd pieces are soft. Then add the roasted sesame seeds powder. Mix and cook for couple of minutes.

IMG_3624

It is one of the easiest recipes giving all the required different tastes to the normally bland bottle gourd. I liked the sesame and milk mix taste – quite unusual yet delicious in its own way.

Comments

  1. hey this looks good..nice click..complete meal..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect lunch box meal...Looks tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love to add sesame seeds in all my masalas....my maushi's style of cooking..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curry looks tasty Kanchan...nice combo with the rotis :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The curry has come out really well Kanchan. I am sure it would have tasted great with rotis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious dudhi curry..looks prefect with rotis..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dudhi curry sounds unusual but very nice ! Thanks for bringing to my eyes,never heard abt it :) And love the pictures,simply superb :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks delicious kanchan.. :) nice click..goes well with hot rice n pappad +pickle.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dudhi lauki..My friend introduced this to me and while I was pregnant I called her and got the recipe since I had a big craving for this :D But it is a spicier version..this looks great too

    ReplyDelete
  10. How i wish i had even half of your planning gene, i am the opposite, only at the last minute i scramble up trying to put things together :) Dudhi lauki looks so delicious.. its a veggie i have come to like with time.. looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so so yummy and with roti perfect meal.

    Pavithra
    www.dishesfrommykitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This lauki curry looks really good! I should try this too! Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for Dropping By and taking the time to say Hello here! Your appreciation or criticism makes this small space of mine exemplary so Do Visit Again :)