Radish Leaves Fritters
But then, I self-answered it and tried three consecutive recipes with Radish Leaves :-B , one as a Radish leaves pulav, second similar to Methi- Dal, and last are these fritters.
Out of these, Pulav’s taste did not really attract me, while the Radish leaves Dal turned out fine with minimal Radish taste. But the Fritters or Pakodas turned out remarkable ! They are quite simple to prepare, yet you don’t get the distinct bitter taste of the leaves.
- Radish Leaves: Finely chopped about 2 cups
- Gram flour: 3 heaps of tbsp.
- Rice Flour: 1 tbsp.
- Semolina Flour: 1 tbsp.
- Green Chillies: 2 finely chopped
- Cumin Powder: 1 tsp.
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp.
- Turmeric: 1 tsp.
- Fennel Seeds: 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Oil to Deep Fry
- Water to mix, as per the requirement
- Mix everything mentioned above, minimal water to keep thick consistency of Fritter batter.
- Make small heaps and Deep Fry in a Hot Oil Kadai.
- Fry till golden brown.
Done! Serve with Ketchup or have with Rice and Dal. We had these as a cold evening snacks. :-h
This goes to Radhika’s “Deep Fried Snacks” event.